Make no mistake, the vintage or antique crystal chandeliers are striking and elegantly appealing, but the modern crystal chandeliers are able to offer a host of advantages and most of the modern versions are very similar to their antique counterparts.
• The modern crystal chandeliers are environmentally-friendly by design. When the first crystal chandeliers were introduced, there was little need for them to offer energy saving benefits so it means that they require more power than the modern varieties.
• A wider range. The number of available antique chandeliers is rather limited; however with modern crystal chandeliers there is a wide range to choose from and unlike the older varieties, the newer fixtures can be easily sourced in a huge range of styles, shapes and designs.
• Price. The modern crystal chandeliers are a lot less costly than the unusual and unique limited vintage or antique chandeliers. The price tag on original vintage chandelier can very well be over the $5000 mark, while a shopper on a budget can find modern crystal chandeliers which are just as elegant and just as striking in appearance that can be bought at a far less expensive price.
• Warranty. When buying an antique from an antique dealer, the dealer is usually not able to offer a warranty on the item, and for the most part a buyer will be forced to rely on the dealer’s integrity. This is, however not the case when buying modern crystal chandeliers, as they have been manufactured or produced by lighting companies which are still very much in existence and who are determined to uphold their untarnished reputation. The modern crystal chandeliers are almost always sold with warranties and this will give the buyer the assurance that they are investing in a good quality product backed by a well known lighting company.
• Size. the modern crystal chandeliers are sold in an assortment of sizes and this means that the most suitable chandelier can be sourced for an average sized room in a home. When a vintage chandelier is used in a modern home, although the chandelier will become the focal point of the room, it may also be too overpowering for the modern home.